First time filming with the techniques we were taught.
MISE EN SCENE
Props used in these two images are a Paper, Pen and Phone which was used as a way to show the character is doing work initial we thought this was a good idea but as we continued research we realised that it didn't look realistic and in a way was comical. Obviously it was suppose to be suspenseful and i didn't think that particular shot suited the genre.
We learnt for our final film that were had to think about mise en scene carefully and that they are used to create part of the actual storyline. In the first image you can see a closeup of a cup, lipstick and makeup. In a way an innocent girl can be perceived and the makeup is used to indicate her persona and what type of character she is. However the medicine shows a bit of the suspencefull side. The other shot is of a shot of the calling card being a scarf. This is something where she leaves behind at the end. This mise en scene was much better suited for the story we were trying to get across.
Our sound in the Preliminary task was BORING it was just one consistent sound and had no excitement. We did not use any sound at all just the sound from the video. After analysing this I then decided that for the final film we had to make sure that the soundtrack was very tense and suspenseful to create the mood. We ended up creating very unique and catching sound sequence from using the programme sound track pro. From all our audience feedback they all mention that our sound really did fit with our sequence, pace and titles, this allowed me to believe that it was an effective and successful piece. The sound is very important in a thriller movie as it creates feelings and the mood.
These two shots are from my prelim film, They are actually really bad shots. One of the characters are practically cut out of the shot, this is bad as i later learnt that if this was shown on a big screen for example in the cinema it wouldn't fit in the frame and that part of the shot will be cut off. The second shot has allot of space at the side. Allowing the audience to be distracted and it doesn't look really professional. These two shots show a lot of the background which does not look very good a lot.
These two shots are taken from our Final film. These shots are much better and do fit the content more. They show that i have learnt skills and my progression has been clearly stated. The first shot is a nice big extreme closeup of the props, and its nice and clear. The second shot i would describe as an close up. This really captures on how the character looks and also it pays more attention to the face rather than the background which i wanted. This is also quite unusual and wanted a jerky shot so it looks more suspencfull. A variety of shots were used to really show off our skills and knowledge.
Titles and Fonts
In my prelim i did not use any sort of titles. However learning this skill i have used it in my final thriller movie using black screens. We Used fonts that is quite simple white, but quite suspancefull.
Finally i have learnt that planning before you go our filming is very important as you have to organise who is bringing in particular props for that shooting day. Location for the setting, what time of day you are going to meet because when my group filmed at London Eye (Waterloo) we had decided to go in the morning as it is a tourist attraction so it often gets busy during the afternoon. You also have to do research so you know exactly what elements a thriller holds. As you can see i have come a very long way and has been very successful and determained to do a lot of hard work.